1. No Egos or bad Attitudes will be permitted at this academy. Everyone is here to learn an effective self-defense. Tapping out is OK and is part of the learning process. Never brag about tapping someone. It happens to EVERYONE in training and is how you will improve. This is training, where we should always be trying different techniques and situations to better our skill.
2. Introduce yourself to new students or students you do not know and welcome them.
3. When the Instructor is teaching, there should be no talking. This is why we are here, so there should be no talking even if you have seen the technique before.
4. When Class starts, talking about anything other than BJJ or Muay Thai should be kept to a minimum
5. If you walk in while another class is in session, then come in and wait for your class to begin without disrupting the other class. If you need to take a cell phone call during class, or while waiting, be respectful and take it outside
6. If an instructor comes over during a technique to correct you there should be no other instructing going on. If you are not an instructor, then at no time should you be trying to help someone through a technique at the same time as the instructor.
7. No Shoes or food on the mat at any time. Wrestling shoes are permitted only if the shoes are used for mat use only.
8. Make sure you are clean. Keep all your training equipment, clothing, and uniform clean for each training session. This is very important in keeping our academy always sanitized. Students who come to class with poor hygiene will be required to exit the academy.
9. Keep your finger and toenails short for every one’s safety. Absolutely, no slamming, slapping on heel hooks, pulling fingers or temper issues will be tolerated.
10. Try to be on time.
11. Foul language of any kind will not be tolerated within the doors of this academy.
12. All students are required to report any injury, health, or skin condition to their instructor prior to class.
13. Absolutely no alcohol or illegal drugs are allowed on the premises. Any student suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol while at the academy, will not be allowed to train and terminated from being a member at MAMMA.